Delta Controls has an opening for a junior Building Automation System Support Technician, internally referred to as a Delta Systems Specialist, to be based in our Surrey, BC offices (Cloverdale/Langley border). This is a full-time, permanent position to start as soon as possible.
Work location: Head office
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
About the Position
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will become part of a dynamic technical team that provides product support and services to Delta’s worldwide network of customers as well as providing solutions for challenging building automation control applications.
Delta System Specialist (DSS) primary role is to provide technical product support on our extensive product offering. As you gain experience you will be called upon to assist other teams within Technical Services as demand requires it. This includes product content creation, customer training, onsite product and application assistance, technical documentation, and more.
Technical Services prides itself on developing people and helping them to achieve their goals. DSS become well rounded technical experts, proficient in the complete line of Delta Controls products, systems, and applications. As your skills develop and your product knowledge grows so do opportunities. Experienced and motivated DSS are often in high demand within other Delta Controls teams, such as application services, product management, product development, sales and more.
About Delta Controls Inc.
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 installers in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting, and access products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc. a $7+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, helping them with their vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products include a comprehensive range of variable frequency drives, industrial automation, UPS, visualization displays, LED lighting and renewable energy solutions.
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation. Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling available
- Competitive total compensation along with generous vacation allowances
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Company funded annual personal development budget
- Financial benefits & planning such as group RRSP & company match
- Employer paid premiums for extended healthcare and family-focused benefits (health, vision and dental)
- Travel insurance coverage and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
The position will provide technical assistance to our Partners in the deployment, installation, programming, commissioning, and troubleshooting of all aspects of the Delta Controls Building Automation System.
- Manage customer issues and requests through our web-based Help Desk software.
- Determine the most effective method(s) to respond to these issues (workaround, Knowledge base article, personal phone call, etc.).
- Analyze the issue(s), identify the underlying cause(s), and determine the most appropriate response.
- Upon request conduct on-site investigations.
- Provide feedback, or reports on customer issues, to the Product Management group.
- Write Knowledge Base Articles and participate in technical webinars.
- Provide technical product demonstrations where necessary.
- Work with technical writers as the technical adviser for product documentation.
- Participates in technical review of documentation.
Main skills required:
- Superior communication skills; oral, written, and interpersonal.
- Excellent analytic abilities.
- Handle pressure and stressful situations with the goal of customer satisfaction.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Team player; team builder.
- Ability to identify and build on distinctive strengths.
- Great appreciation of customer relationship management.
- Must have a valid and current Passport.
- Must be willing and able to travel the globe on request.
- Commitment to successfully complete the ASHRAE self-study HVAC course within the first year of this position.
Education required: Degree or Technical Certification in a related field of study (Electrical, Mechanical, Automation, Robotics, or another relevant field).
Number of openings: 1