Under the general direction of the General Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing t he day-to-day operations of the Casino; and supporting departments including Food & Beverage, Theatre, Hotel and Banquet facilities. This role is responsible for ensuring the attainment of productivity, profitability and other key business performance metrics. It will also be directly involved in the strategic planning, implementation and managing of day-to-day operational initiatives, and other projects as assigned by the General Manager. The AGM e nsures adherence to the Company’s policies and procedures, establishes a culture of compliance, motivates and leads by example and supports Great Canadian’s learning environment while establishing a safe, engaging and welcoming work environment for all team members.
- Identifying and implementing efficiencies in specific casino operating areas to maximize revenues, minimize expenses
- Enhance the guest experience and provide a safe and welcoming environment for all colleagues and team members.
- Ensuring guest service standards are maintained and exceeded throughout the casino operation.
- Ensuring procedures are followed consistently by all colleagues and team members; and operational processes are in line with Corporate and regulatory standards
- Establishing and tracking key performance measures for casino operating areas: employee engagement, colleague turnover, guest comments, etc.
- Responding to and resolving issues as escalated; maintains positive employee, contractor and guest relationships; creates and fosters guest loyalty
- Providing leadership, direction mentoring and ongoing development to casino operations.
- Maintaining, analyzing and providing financial reports and making strategic recommendations to the General Manager
- Coordinating the efforts of different departments to enhance teamwork, camaraderie and produce excellent results
- Enhance and engage our culture of compliance, establish best-in-class AML practices, and ensure that integrity is the foundation we build our objectives upon
- Implement and support individual, site, department and company specific goals
- Understand how to read a balance sheet, P&L statement and identify areas for improvement
- Supporting the implementation of new technology to ensure that our state-of-the-art facilities are continuously updated
- Ensure that all departments are working towards the same objectives and that any new initiatives are being shared at the site, bundle and corporate level
- Ensure employee engagement is top of mind. Develop site plans to initiate improvements and monitor progress throughout the year.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years management experience, gaming management experience an asset
- Proven leadership and motivational skills
- Must possess strong time-management, planning, decision-making, conflict-resolution, problem-solving and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to manage a large variety of projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Thorough knowledge of Ontario regulatory requirements; and Company policies and procedures
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Smart Serve certification
- The ability to successfully obtain a criminal record check through the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
Work Environment Considerations: Regular office environment, non-traditional work hours may be required in certain circumstances.
Special Working Conditions: Our reputation is of paramount importance. As such, we will conduct our business in an ethical and professional manner. Every team member will be obliged to understand and follow all of the policies outlined in Great Canadian’s Corporate Ethics and Conduct Manual and will disclose any irregularities or wrongdoing in accordance with the Company’s Whistleblower Policy. The Company is committed to sound internal control policies and practices. Every team member will follow the internal control practices required of their position and department.
Compliance Requirements: Every team member must comply with all requirements of the Corporate Ethics and Conduct Manual and with all other corporate policies as communicated. Every team member will be familiar with the business process documentation and internal control objectives related to their position and how their job description aligns with specific internal control activities for which they are responsible. Every team member must a dhere to all Company and regulatory policies as they relate to functions of the position.
Licensing and Certification Requirements: Permanent employment may be dependent upon the authorization and continued approval of the Provincial/State Regulatory Bodies. New employees may be required to complete an application and, if required, will begin work only after regulatory approval is granted. Existing team members will reapply as necessary, and continuing work will be dependent upon successful reapplication. For positions that require additional certification, the appropriate level of certification will be maintained.